- 1 medium yellow squash or zucchini – roughly chopped
- 1/2 onion – roughly chopped
- 6 halves of sun dried tomatoes
- 1 date – pitted
- juice of 1 orange
- 1/8 cup nama shoyu
- 3 cups buckwheat – sprouted
- 2 cups sunflower seeds – sprouted
- 1 1/2 cup flax seeds – ground
- In a food processor, combine the vegetables, date, orange juice and nama shoyu until well mixed. Add the sprouts in batches and blend thoroughly. Lastly, add the with flax seeds and mix until smooth. Spread thickly on Teflex sheets and dehydrate at 115F. After 2 hours, cut into desired crust shapes. Dehydrate for another 12 hours, then remove the crusts from teflex sheets, flip, and dehydrate for another 4 hours or until dry. Keep refrigerated until ready to use in airtight glass containers.
- 4 large figs
- 1-2 dates – pitted
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
Puree all ingredients in a food processor or high speed blender.
- 10 large onions – sliced thinly
- juice of 2 lemons
- 1 1/2 cup dates – pitted
- 6 tablespoons nama shoyu
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup brown rice vinegar
- 1/2 cup water, or more for thinning
- 1 cup hazelnuts
- Cover the onions with warm water mixed with the lemon juice for 30 minutes. Rinse well and drain. Combine the rest of ingredients except the hazelnuts in a blender and add to the onions. Let it sit for about 30 minutes, drain the excess liquid, and dehydrate at 115F for 15 hours or until crisp.
- In a food processor, pulse the hazelnuts into small pieces. Reserve about 1/4 cup for assembly. Add the onions to the processor and combine well. Add 2 tablespoons of the balsamic glaze and blend to reach a grainy consistency.
Creamy Basil Sauce
- 1 cup packed fresh basil leaves
- juice of 1 orange
- 1 small avocado
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- juice of 1/2 lime
- pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup olive oil
In a blender, combine all ingredients except olive oil. Slowly add the oil with the blender still running.
about 20 small figs
- 1 bunch watercress
- 1 cup of sunflower sprouts (optional)
- 1/4 cup hazelnuts reserved from caramelized onions
- Slice the figs and glaze with the balsamic. Dehydrate for 1-2 hours (optional). Spread the basil sauce on the crust, and arrange the watercress leaves, caramelized onions, and glazed figs on top. Sprinkle with sunflower sprouts and ground hazelnuts.