This amazing recipe I founded at http://www.closetcooking.com/ and I love it. Fantastic and healthy meal. I enjoy this brussels sprout hash so much that I have been making different versions of over the last few days and although I prefer it with sweet potatoes it also works with regular potatoes and even without the potatoes!
- 4 strips bacon, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 small sweet potato, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 pound brussels sprouts, trimmed and sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 eggs
- Cook the bacon in a pan over medium heat and set aside.
- Add the onion and sweet potato to the pan and saute until tender, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the garlic and saute until fragrant, about a minute.
- Add the brussels sprouts, saute until tender, about 5 minutes, let sit until the bottoms start to caramelize, about 5 minutes, mix everything up, let sit for 5 minutes and mix it all up.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Create 4 small wells in the hash, add the eggs and cook until the desired level of done-ness.