Cheezy Kale Almond Crackers recipe









This amazing recipe I founded at http://www.rawmazing.com and I love it.
Raw crackers are tasty and nutritious. Best of all, just a few quickly satisfy that craving and are so filling I never over-eat them. I also know that I am getting great nutrients, not just empty calories when I eat them. 
For this recipe, I wanted to use incorporate kale as I am a huge kale fan. I have also been a little obsessed with making a raw cheese cracker so out came the nutritional yeast (great for a cheesy flavor).
  • 1 cup ground golden flax
  • 1 cup water
  • 2 cups almonds, soaked over night, drained and rinsed
  • 1 bunch kale
  • 1 cup Raw Coconut Flour
  • 3/4 cup nutritional yeast
  • 1 tsp chipotle
  • 1 tsp smoked paprika
  • Himalayan salt and pepper to taste
1. Mix together ground flax and water. Set aside.
2. Place almonds in food processor and process until finely chopped. Remove to large bowl.
3. Finely chop kale. I do this in the food processor, also.
4. Add nutritional yeast, coconut flour, smoked paprika and chipotle to the chopped almonds. Mix well.
5. Stir in kale.
6. Add flax/water mixture. Blend well. I use my hands at this point.
7. Spread 1/4-inch thick on non-stick sheet (see above for my method). Score into cracker sized pieces and dehydrate at 145 for 30 minutes. Decrease heat to 118 and continue to dehydrate until done (approximately 8 hours*) turning once or moving to screens halfway through dehydration. You want these very dry.