Mississippi Sin - Football Friday dip recipe


This amazing recipe I founded at http://www.plainchicken.com/ and I love it. This is a keeper.  I might even like it better than my beloved "crack dip".  I think I'll refer to this as "new crack" from now on. This is a great tailgate dip because it is great hot and still really good cold (after the game). 


  • 16oz sour cream
  • 8oz cream cheese, softened
  • 2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
  • 1/2 cup chopped ham
  • 1 green onion, chopped
  • 1/4 tsp hot sauce
  • 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
  • salt
  • pepper
  • 16 oz French bread loaf


In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients, except French bread; stirring until well blended.

Cut a thin slice from top of bread loaf; set slice aside. Using a gentle sawing motion, cut vertically to, but not through, bottom of the loaf, 1/2 inch from the edge, to cut out center of bread. Lift out center of loaf. Fill hollowed bread loaf with the dip. Wrap loaf with foil. 

Bake dip at 350° degrees for 1 hour. Serve with reserved bread cubes, crackers, or potato chips.