Now that the weather is getting colder I love warm soup for lunch of dinner. One of my favorite soups is Panera Broccoli Cheese Soup so here is my Copycat Panera Broccoli Cheese Soup Recipe. This amazing recipe I founded at http://dailyleisure.com/ and I love it.
- ½ chopped Onion
- ¼ cup melted Butter
- ¼ cup Flour
- 2 cup Half and Half
- 2 cup Chicken Stock
- 2 large bunches Broccoli
- 2 Carrots
- ¼ tsp Nutmeg
- 8 oz shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Cut carrots into small strips.
- Break apart broccoli florets into small pieces.
- Saute Onion in 1 tbsp of melted butter until transparent.
- Make a roux using remainder of melted butter and flour. Cook about 5 minutes over medium heat.
- Add in half and half stirring constantly.
- Add in chicken stock and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add vegetables and cook for 25 minutes over low heat.
- If you want a smooth soup, at this point puree in a blender and return to heat or use immersion blender.
- Add cheese and nutmeg.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.