Portuguese Food: Pastéis de nata recipe



Pastéis are one of our most famous things when it comes to food. If you're visiting Portugal, you'll be able to find them pretty much everywhere in the country but if you want the real thing, head up to Lisbon and eat them at the original house, Pastéis de Belém. Believe me, you will not want to leave the place without eating a bunch of them. And bringing a few with you. Because they're really, really tasty. I am Portuguese myself so you'd think I'm just tired of eating these delices but you may just see that I don't resist to eat them every now and them. Because they're just that good. This amazing recipe I founded at http://www.drawingdreaming.net/ and I love it

You'll need 500g puff pastry. Grease lined-muffins cups with butter. Cut little slices and line the cups with it with the help of your thumbs. Leave it aside.

Mix 2,5dl cream with 4 yolks1 tea spoon of flower and 100g sugar. (To add some taste, you may want to dip in the mixture lemon zest and a cinnamon stick which you must take off in the end).
Simmer it until it starts boiling, always mixing. When it gets warm, pour the custard in the    lined-muffins cups and take it to the oven, pre-heaten at 200ºC (~390F), for about 15-20 minutes. 
Take the tarts off the molds once they're cold and serve it that way or powder some cinnamon and powder sugar.