This amazing Baked Eggs stew with Herbs & Crispy Prosciutto I found at http://www.yumsugar.com/ and I love it. This dish is perfect for breakfast or early lunch. I hope you like it.
- 4 thin slices prosciutto
- 4 tsp. heavy cream, divided
- 1 small clove garlic, minced, divided
- 2 tsp. minced fresh herbs,
- 4 organic eggs
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lay prosciutto slices on a baking sheet so that pieces aren't touching. Bake for 7-10 minutes (depending on the thickness of the slices) until prosciutto is lightly browned and crisp. Cool on the pan for 5 minutes, then crumble prosciutto and set aside.
- Place four 4 oz. ramekins on a baking sheet. Put 1 tsp. of cream in each of the ramekins. Divided minced garlic among the ramekins. Sprinkle in a little crumbled prosciutto and minced herbs (save some of each to sprinkle on top of the eggs as well). Crack an egg into each ramekin, top with the remaining prosciutto and herbs, and sprinkle with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Bake eggs for 15 minutes, or until whites are set and yolks are still soft. Serve immediately (the eggs will continue to cook when you take them out of the oven) with hot buttered toast.