This amazing Oven "Fried" Pickles with Skinny Herb Buttermilk Ranch Dip recipe I found at http://www.skinnytaste.com/ and I love it. It's so delicious and healthy in the same time. I hope you like it. Enjoy!
- 2 -16 oz jars (48 slices) sliced oval dill hamburger pickles, I used Vlasic
- 1/2 cup of Panko crumbs
- 1/4 cup of cornmeal
- 1/4 cup of flour
- 1/4 tsp of smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp chipotle powder
- 1/4 cup dried parsley
- 1/8th tsp kosher salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg white
- olive oil spray (about 1 tsp)
For the Ranch Dip:
- 1/4 cup fat free sour cream
- 1/4 cup fat free Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp light mayo
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tbsp chopped fresh chives 1/4 tsp salt
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 tsp white balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup 1% low fat buttermilk
- Make ranch dip by combining all the dip ingredients and refrigerate until pickles are done.
- Place pickles to drain on paper towels.
- Mix crumbs and flour together along with paprika, parsley, and half the chipotle powder and salt.
- Whisk eggs and egg whites in a bowl and season with remaining chipotle powder.
- Dip pickles in egg mixture and then into the crumb mix, pressing down on the crumbs.
- Heat oven to 450°F along with 2 baking sheets. When the oven reaches 450°, remove baking sheets and spray with olive oil spray; place pickles on the baking sheets and spray the tops of the pickles with the more oil. Bake 8-10 minutes, turn and spray if needed and cook an additional five minutes. Remove pickles from cooking sheet and serve hot with dip.