This amazing Paleo Chocolate Pie recipe is fantastic and I love it.This is the best paleo dessert that I have tried yet. I think you could fool anyone into thinking that this is full of sugar! It's so healthy. I hope you like it.
for the crust:
- 1 cup pecan halves and pieces
- 5 soft, pitted Medjool dates**
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch of sea salt
for the filling:
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 8 soft, pitted Medjool dates
- 1.5 ounces dark chocolate, melted
- 1.5 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, melted (I use Enjoy Life)
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
*use the cream at the top of a can of separated full-fat coconut milk. To get it separated, refrigerate a couple of cans overnight.
**I would suggest soaking the dates in hot water for 5 minutes to completely soften
To make the crust:
- In a food processor, puree the pecans, date, cinnamon, and salt for about 20 seconds or until very fine
- Transfer the crust mixture to ramekins and press it across the bottom and up the sides. Refrigerate while you make the filling (you'll have to wash your food processor at this point)
To make the filling:
- Microwave your coconut cream in a glass measuring cup for about 45 seconds.
- Add the heated coconut cream, dates, chocolate, coconut oil, vanilla, and cinnamon to the food processor, and puree for 1 minute or until the filling is dark and completely smooth.
- Pour the filling evenly over crusts and chill to set (about 2 hours)
- refrigerate any leftovers