This fantastic SAUTEED SHRIMP WITH ONIONS AND CHERRY TOMATOES recipe I found at http://nomnompaleo.com/ and I love it. I hope you will try it, too.Enjoy!
- 1 lb of large frozen shrimp (21-25 per pound)
- 1 tablespoon of Aloha Spice Volcano Grind Seasoning (or your favorite spice blend)
- 2-3 tablespoons of your favorite fat (I used ghee)
- Kosher salt to taste
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup of cherry tomatoes, washed
- 1 lime
- I dumped the bag of frozen shrimp in a colander and ran cold water over them for around 5 minutes or until defrosted.
- I dried off the shrimp with a paper towel, placed them in a bowl, and seasoned them with Volcano Grind seasoning.
- In a large cast iron skillet, I melted 1 tablespoon of ghee over medium heat. I added the sliced onions, salt, and pepper, and sauteed until they were soft, caramelized, and translucent.
- Then, I threw in the cherry tomatoes and tossed them in the melted fat until they were warm. Don’t cook the tomatoes until they explode!
- I removed the onions and tomatoes from the pan…
- …added another tablespoon of ghee to the pan, and increased the temperature to medium high.
- I sauteed the shrimp in two batches for about a minute on each side.
- When the shrimp were finished cooking…
- …I topped them with the sauteed tomatoes, onions, and freshly squeezed lime juice.