This amazing Moroccan Chraimi Fish Recipe I found at http://www.levanacooks.com/ and I like it. You can easily adapt this dish to fishballs. Use all ingredients and instructions just as directed, but grind the fish with 2 eggs, a little oil, salt and pepper, to a smooth paste. I hope you like it.
- 1 cup water
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 large tomatoes, diced small
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes, or to taste
- Good pinch ground cloves
- 3 bay leaves, or ½ teaspoon ground
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 8 cloves garlic
- 1 bunch flat parsley
- 1 small bunch cilantro
- ½ preserved lemon, skin only, rinsed
- 1 red pepper, sliced thin lengthwise
- 8 serving pieces salmon fillet, or any other thick fish (or 2 pounds mock shrimp, cut across in thirds)
- In a large wide-bottom pot, bring the water, oil, tomatoes, red pepper flakes, cloves, bay leaves, and paprika to a boil. Meanwhile, coarsely grind the garlic, parsley, cilantro, and preserved lemon in a food processor using the pulse button. Add the ground mixture to the pot and stir. Add the red pepper and the fish and bring to a boil. Reduce the temperature to medium and cook covered for 20 minutes. Serve hot or at room temperature, topping each serving with the sauce.