This amazing Tomato Basil & Beef Soup paleo recipe I found at http://onceamonthmeals.com/ and I love it. OMG…fantastic soup on a cold winter or rain day. I hope you like it.
- 30 ounces organic diced tomatoes (fire-roasted adds an even richer flavor)
- 1 cup coconut milk, canned (full fat)
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 pound ground beef, preferably grass-fed and grass-finished
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chicken broth, preferably homemade
- 1/4 cup basil leaves, chopped
- Add diced tomatoes and coconut milk to a blender and blend until smooth. Heat a large stockpot over medium-high heat. Add coconut oil and saute onions until translucent. Add ground beef and cook until brown. Drain fat. Stir in minced garlic and salt. Pour in tomato/coconut milk mixture and chicken broth. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to simmer 10-15 minutes. Mix in fresh basil. Serve and enjoy!