Mmmmmmmmmm homemade paleo chocolate just perfect, isn't it? You must try it. I hope you like it. Enjoy!
- Peppermint Candy Crackle
- 1 cup of honey
- 2 tsp of Peppermint Flavor
- 6 Raspberries
- 2 Tbsp of Coconut Shreds
- Peppermint Dark Chocolate
- 8 oz Unsweetened Baking Chocolate or 100% Chocolate Liquor
- ½ cup of Palm shortening
- ¼ cup of Maple Syrup
- 1 tsp Peppermint Flavor
- To make the candy crackle place ½ cup of honey in a sauce pan and cook until you reach the Soft Crack stage – 285 degrees. Mix in the raspberries and then add in 1 tsp of peppermint flavor. Pour on to a Silpat or piece of parchment paper and let cool. Repeat for coconut candy crackle.
- In another saucepan melt your palm shortening and chocolate. When completely liquid add in the maple syrup and peppermint flavor. Whisk for 30 seconds and then pour onto a piece of parchment paper or Silpat – I use an 8 x 11 sheet pan – and set in the fridge to harden up.
- When the peppermint candy crackle is hard – break it up into small pieces and set aside.
- After 20 – 30 minutes remove the chocolate from the fridge and spread the crackle pieces on top. The chocolate will be soft so you should press the candy into chocolate.
- Let the chcololate sit for 3 -4 hours and enjoy! Btw, you will want to store this in the fridge.