This amazing Flourless Chocolate Cakes Recipe is just mouth melting. The raspberries provided a welcoming freshness. The cakes could also be garnished simply with a delicate, sweetened whipped cream and fresh strawberries or blueberries. I hope you like it.
- 180 g (6 oz) butter, chopped
- 220 g (7 1/2 oz) quality dark chocolate, chopped
- 1 1/4 cups caster (superfine) sugar
- 3/4 cup almond meal
- 1 cup cocoa powder, sifted
- 5 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 140° C (280° F). Grease 12 x 1/2 cup (4 fl oz) capacity non-stick muffin tins.
- Place the butter, chocolate and sugar in a medium saucepan over low heat and stir until melted and smooth.
- Place the almond meal and cocoa in a bowl and whisk to combine. Add the chocolate mixture and whisk to combine.
- Add the eggs gradually, whisking until well combined.
- Divide mixture evenly between muffin cups. Bake for 30 minutes or until firm.
- Allow to cool in the tins.
- 150 g (5 oz) dark chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup (4 fl oz) single or pouring cream
- Place the chocolate and cream in a small saucepan over low heat, stirring until melted and smooth.
- Allow the mixture to stand for 10 minutes and to thicken slightly.
- Sugared Berries
- egg white
- caster (superfine) sugar
- Brush some raspberries with a little egg white.
- Toss in caster sugar.
To Assemble Flourless Chocolate Cakes:
- Pour the glaze over the cooled flourless chocolate cakes; tap to remove any air bubbles.
- Garnish with sugared berries.