- 1¼ pounds asparagus
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- 2 tablespoons Grey Poupon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons light olive oil (or canola oil)
- 2 tablespoons walnut oil
- 2 teaspoons white balsamic vinegar (or white wine vinegar)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Wash the asparagus and break off the ends.
- Put the asparagus in a large pan. Pour the boiling water over it. Cover and turn the heat on high. When it comes to a boil, boil for about 3 minutes.
- Put the cooked asparagus in a strainer, and let it dry and cool in the strainer.
- When ready to serve, put the asparagus on a platter. Serve the Mustard Sauce on the side, or drizzle it over the asparagus on the platter. Serve at room temperature.
- I put everything in my Blender Ball and gave it a few shakes and it was ready. If you don’t have a Blender Ball, put everything in a bowl and whisk it together. It doesn’t matter if it is not fully emulsified.