- 1 lb whole raw almonds or cashews
- 2 Tbsp canola or coconut oil (I used coconut)
- 1 Tbsp salt
- 1½ teaspoons mango powder
- 1 Tbsp garam masala or ground cumin
- 1½ teaspoons cayenne pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375˚.
- Combine the salt, mango powder, garam masala, and cayenne pepper in a small bowl.
- If using coconut oil, heat it briefly in the microwave or on the stovetop until it is liquefied.
- Toss the almonds with the oil in a medium bowl until they are well coated.
- Toss the almonds with the spice mixture.
- Spread the almonds on a baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes (4 minutes for cashews).
- Stir the nuts and bake an additional 5 minutes (another 4 minutes for cashews).
- Watch the nuts carefully; you want them to get slightly darker, but you don’t want them to brown.
- Cool the nuts for at least 45 minutes before eating.