- 300 gr broccoli
- 250 gr firm tofu
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 cloves shallot
- ½ medium sized tomato
- ¼ cup (30 gr) green chili – thai’s bird eye
- 1 cm ginger
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- Wash broccoli under running water for 2 minutes and cut into bite –sized florets. Soak them with salted water in a bowl for 10 – 15 minutes (optional)
- Into the bowl of food processor, add garlic, shallot, tomato, chili and ginger. Pulse until roughly chopped – about 5 seconds. Set aside. If the old method of mortal and pestle is used, pound away for 3 minutes or less.
- Cut tofu into cubes and fry in non-stick pan with a bit of oil. Brown all sides and pat dry with paper towel.
- Heat cooking oil in a wok. Fry the chopped ingredients till fragrant in medium heat – about 5 minutes.
- Stir in broccoli and fried tofu. Season with soy sauce. Mix well.
- Add water and lower the heat. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Serve warm with steam rice or noodles.