- 5 fl oz. of skim milk
- ½ packet of unflavored gelatin
- 1 whole egg
- 3 eggs - separated
- 3 tablespoons of corn starch
- 1 1/4 tablespoons Dukan Diet Organic Stevia or 7 tablespoons of zero calorie sweetener
- 1 teaspoon of chocolate flavoring
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla flavoring
- ½ packet of yeast
- 1 teaspoon Dukan Organic Cocoa Powder
For the French pastry cream:
- Heat the milk in a saucepan, without bringing to a boil.
- Soften ½ pack of gelatin in warm water.
- Break 1 egg into a bowl and add 1 teaspoon of corn starch, 2 tablespoons of sweetener and chocolate flavoring, then mix, getting rid of any lumps.
- Add the hot milk and stir.
- Put onto a low heat, stirring until it thickens.
- Take off the heat and add the gelatin stirring the cream. Put the cream in the refrigerator to cool.
For the sponge:
- Mix 3 egg yolks with yeast, corn starch, 5 tablespoons of sweetener and vanilla flavoring.
- Mix well, then heat the oven to 320F degrees.
- Beat 3 egg whites until stiff and carefully fold into the mixture.
- Spread the mixture into a rectangular non-stick tin (10 x 12) and bake in the middle of the oven for 5 minutes.
- Lift off the sponge with a spatula, taking care not to break it.
- Carefully spread the cream over ¾ of the sponge and roll it width ways, pushing any excess cream towards the bare end.
- Cool in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours, then sprinkle with Dukan Organic Cocoa Powder before serving.