- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1 cup gluten-free gingersnap crumbs (*See note above)
- 5 tablespoons Artisana coconut butter (or coconut oil), warmed to liquid
- 3 dates, pitted
3 cups RAW cashews
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup raw honey
- 1/2 cup Artisana coconut butter, (or coconut oil), warmed to liquid
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Soak the cashews in water for 4 hours, or up to overnight. Drain and rinse well before using.
- Add the crust ingredients to a food processor and process until well combined with no large lumps. Avoid over-processing, because you want the crust to have some nutty texture to it. Line the bottom of a 10-inch spring-form pan with parchment paper. Place the crust ingredients in the pan, and spread evenly over the bottom. Use a flat-bottomed glass (or other flat object) to press the crust down firmly in the pan. Place pan in refrigerator while making the filling.
- Add the soaked cashews, lemon juice, honey, coconut butter, coconut milk, vanilla, and salt to the blender. Blend until completely smooth, scraping the sides down as necessary. Add the batter to the pan, spreading it evenly over the crust. Refrigerate until well chilled and set (at least 1 hour).
- Serve with topping of choice. Enjoy!