- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar (or 1 cup maple sugar)
- 2 cups rolled oats (regular oatmeal, not quick-cooking)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 350˚.
- Melt the butter in a pan.
- Add the brown sugar, and stir until it is dissolved and well-blended.
- Stir in the oats, salt, and baking powder.
- Spread in an 8×8-inch baking pan.
- Bake for 20 – 25 minutes, until lightly browned.
- Cool in the pan for about 15 minutes; cut into squares while still warm. Allow to cool completely before serving.