- 4 oz margarine (at room temperature)
- 4 oz caster sugar
- 4 oz self raising flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 satsuma- rind
- 10 tsp raspberry jam
- 5 tsp desiccated coconut
- Handful of raspberries
- Fresh cream
- 1 satsuma-juice
- Use a mixer to beat the margarine and caster sugar until you barely feel the sugar granules.
- Add in the eggs- one at a time and mix in-between every addition.
- Then the satsuma rind.
- Sift the self raising flour - again add a small batch at a time. I usually divide into three parts, and this means that the flour can mix properly.
- Slowly mix in, so that the mixture remains fluffy.
- Now you simply lay out your paper cupcake cases in a tray and spoon your mixture in. We are going to do this in three stages, the first is the satsuma mixture, the second is a tsp of raspberry jam followed by 1/2 tsp of desiccated coconut per each case and the third is the final layer of the satsuma mixture.
- Now leave to bake for 20mins, checking with a toothpick to ensure that the batter is baked throughout.