- 1¼ pounds zucchini
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1½ tablespoons lemon juice
- Salt, to taste
- ½ cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- A few fresh basil leaves (Gourmet used mint leaves.)
- Cut the zucchini into very thin slices.
- Spread the zucchini out on a platter or on a couple of plates.
- Drizzle the olive oil over the zucchini, and then the lemon juice. Sprinkle with salt. Cover with the grated cheese.
- Cut the basil (or mint) into thin strips and sprinkle them over the cheese.
- Serve immediately, or set aside at room temperature to serve within an hour or two.