- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- salt, to taste
- Preheat gas grill on high with the lid closed, about 10 minutes.
- Put coconut oil, chili powder, and paprika in a microwave-safe bowl and heat until the oil is melted, about 15 seconds.
- Place cherry tomatoes in a large bowl and drizzle with melted coconut oil, then toss with two wooden spoons (or your hands) until they’re coated with the oil and spices. Add some salt, taste a tomato, and adjust seasonings. Do not wash the bowl!
- Thread onto skewers with a little breathing room in between them so they roast, instead of steaming. Place on the grill, close the lid, and cook for about 4-5 minutes. Turn the skewers and grill an additional 4-5 minutes with the lid closed. When the tomatoes are finished on the grill, remove them from the skewers and drop them back into the mixing bowl. Use the wooden spoons to gently toss them in the remnants of the spicy oil in the bowl and add a little more salt, if you like things on the salty side like I do.