- juice of 1 lime (about 2 tablespoons)
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 cloves garlic, minced (about 1 tablespoon)
- 2 teaspoons freshly-grated ginger (about a 2-inch piece)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves, minced (about 1 tablespoon)
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1-2 pounds large shrimp
- In a small bowl, squeeze to extract the juice, then add the red pepper flakes, garlic, ginger, salt, black pepper, and cilantro. Mix well with a fork, then drizzle in the oil, stirring constantly.
- With a small, sharp knife, pierce the shrimp at the head end and carefully cut along the back toward the tail, removing the dark vein. Rinse in running water. Pat dry, then place the shrimp in a medium bowl and mix with the marinade. Cover tightly and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Preheat the gas grill on high heat with the lid closed, about 10 minutes. Thread the shrimp on skewers, leaving a little room between them so they don’t steam. Grill 2-3 minutes per side with the lid closed.