An assortment of chopped fresh vegetables (8 – 10 cups for a large salad, less if serving fewer people) Suggested vegetables:
- grape tomatoes,
- sugar snap peas,
- yellow pepper
Pickled red peppers, to taste
Pitted Niçoise or kalamata olives
Chopped spinach or lettuce
- Chop everything into bite-sized pieces and put in a large bowl. I like to thinly slice the cauliflower.
- Toss with some Lemon Rosemary Vinaigrette (recipe below).
- Taste for seasoning. Add salt and pepper if needed.
- Toss in some chopped spinach or lettuce, if desired.
Lemon Rosemary Vinaigrette
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon minced rosemary
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (I needed 2 lemons
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
1. Mix the zest, salt, rosemary and juice. While whisking constantly, slowly add the oil in a stream until emulsion forms. (Or do as I did, and put everything in a Blender Bottle and shake!)
2. Taste to adjust salt.