Seafood Poaching Liquid:
- 1 Celery Stalk
- 1 Medium Onion, halved
- 1 Medium Carrot
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 3 Tablespoons Lemon Juice (about one Lemon)
- 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 2 quarts Water
- 1 lb C cleaned Calamari cut into rings and tentacles
- ½ lb Sea or Bay Scallops, foot removed
- 1 lb medium to large Shrimp
- 1 lb Octopus
- To poach the seafood you will need a large saucepan fitted with a colander insert. In the bottom of the pan combine the poaching liquid ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Place Calamari in the colander and cook in the simmering water for 2 minutes. Remove from the water and set aside. Place Scallops in the colander and cook until opaque, about 3 to 4 minutes. Remove and place in the bowl with the Calamari. Large Scallops may be cut in half after cooking, bay Scallops may be left whole. Place Shrimp in the colander and cook until pink, about 3 minutes. Remove from water, peel, devein and cut in half horizontally, adding to the other cooked seafood.
- Remove the colander from the pan and place the Octopus directly in the saucepan, adding more water if necessary to completely cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and gently simmer until tender, about 40 to 50 minutes. Transfer Octopus to a bowl and rinse under cold running water until completely cooled, about 5 minutes. Use your fingers and a small paring knife to remove the outer skin. Discard the hard mouth and head sac. Cut tentacles and octopus on the bias into 1 inch pieces and add to the cooked seafood.
- 1 cup julienned tender Celery
- 1 cup julienned Carrots
- ½ cup julienned Red Bell Pepper
- ½ cup julienned Yellow Bell Pepper
- 1 Scallion julienned white part only
- 2 Tabelspoons Chopped Fresh Parsley
- 2 Tablespoons Chopped Fresh Basil
- 2 large Garlic Cloves minced
- 6 Tablespoons Freshly squeezed Lemon or Lime Juice
- 1 Tablespoon White Wine Vinegar
- ½ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ teaspoon Kosher Salt
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
Combine all with the cooked Seafood. Can be served on a bed of Field Greens. We also serve it in a Martini Glass.