- 7 mendjool dates, pitted
- pinch baking soda + 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 oz dark chocolate, 85% of higher
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, warmed
- 3/4 cup almond meal/flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Heat oven to 350 degrees and grease an 8" x 8" baking pan. I like to line mine with lightly greased parchemnt paper for easy clean up.
- Place dates in small bowl and sprinkle with the pinch of baking soda. Pour in hot water and let dates soak for 2 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Melt chocolate and process with softened dates in a food processor 1 to 2 minutes. Add eggs, process 1 minute. Add coconut oil, process 1 minute. Add almond meal/flour, salt and 1/2 teaspoon baking soda, process 2 minutes.
- Pour into prepared pan and spread around with a spatula to even out surface. Place in oven and bake about 16 minutes. A toothpick poked into the center will come out clean. Cool about 1 hour.
Note: You can put fruits on the top of your brownies, if you want. Enjoy!