- 1 pound stringless sugar snap peas
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white or black sesame seeds (preferably not hulled)
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat the oven to 475˚.
- Spread the sugar snap peas out on a large rimmed baking sheet, lined with parchment paper if you wish.
- Drizzle the olive oil over the peas and toss them so they are well-coated. Spread the peas out so they are in a single layer.
- Roast the peas for about 12 minutes, stirring them once or twice, until they are done with a few browned spots.
- While the peas are roasting, make the toasted sesame salt. Toast the sesame seeds in a dry skillet, stirring constantly, for a minute or two. They are done when they have become fragrant and are just starting to deepen a bit in color. Immediately put them on a plate to cool.
- Grind the sesame seeds with the salt in a mortar or a spice grinder. You can partially grind them so there are still some whole sesame seeds.
- When the peas are roasted, toss them with the toasted sesame salt. Serve hot, warm, or at room temperature.