This amazing Broccoli Salad recipe I found at http://paleocomfortfoods.com/ and I love it. It's so fresh and healthy and tasty in the same time. I hope yiu like it.
- 3 bacon strips
- 1 pound broccoli, cut into small florets
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1⁄4 cup finely minced red onion
- 1⁄2 cup Paleo Mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- In a large skillet, cook the bacon over medium heat until crispy, about 5 to 7 minutes. Remove the skillet from the heat. Place the bacon on a plate lined with paper towels and set aside. Reserve 1 tablespoon of the bacon drippings.
- In a large bowl, mix together the broccoli, raisins, sunflower seeds and onion.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, vinegar and the reserved bacon drippings. Pour the mayonnaise mixture over the broccoli and mix well.
- Dice the reserved bacon and fold it into the broccoli salad. Season with salt and pepper to taste, and refrigerate the salad until ready to serve.