Yummmmy this Nut-free, Coconut-free Paleo Blueberry Muffins recipe are sooo delicious. For these muffins, I found the secret to a great muffin texture was to increase the fat compared to the pancake recipe. I hope you like it.
- 2 large green plantains (should be 1 1/2-2 cups pureed)
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- 3-5 Tbsp date sugar or evaporated cane juice (optional)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2-2 1/2 cups blueberries, fresh or frozen [or substitute your favorite fruits, chopped nuts, or chocolate chips (you only need about 1 cup of mini chocolate chips)]
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C. Grease a muffin pan or line with silicone or paper liners (I actually used a silicone muffin pan which makes this super easy).
- Peel plantain and place in a food processor or blender with egg, coconut oil, vanilla, sweetener, and salt.
- Process for 3-5 minutes, until completely smooth (you might want to scrape the sides once or twice). Add baking soda and cinnamon and process to fully incorporate. Fold in blueberries or whatever other goodies you’re using.
- Spoon batter into muffin pan (muffin cups should be 70-80% full, depending on how many berries or other add-ons you use). Bake for 27-30 minutes. Enjoy!